Saturday, February 26, 2011

PSP Price Drop to $129.99 on Sunday, PSP Game Price Drops

Sony announced that the PSP (so not a PSP Go) will drop in price from $169.99 to $129.99, starting Sunday (February 27th). They also included a list of games to added to the "PSP Favorites Titles" list for $9.99, and the "PSP Greatest Hits" list for $19.99.
New PSP Favorites Titles ($9.99 MSRP)

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Square-Enix)
Daxter (SCEA)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom)
Killzone: Liberation (SCEA)
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo (SCEA)
Tomb Raider Anniversary (Square-Enix)

New PSP Greatest Hits ($19.99 MSRP)


Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Square-Enix)
LittleBigPlanet (SCEA)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (SCEA)
Resistance: Retribution (SCEA)
Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive)
Nice price drop and some really awesome games on the list, if you ask me. Since the NGP will not be backwards compatible with UMDs (no UMD drive), that means it isn't an option for someone like me that is interested in getting into the PSP library through a cheaper used market. $130 is a pretty good price, but if I'm looking at the situation with the PS2 then the PSP isn't getting another price drop after this one. I've been very interested in buying a PSP for the past year and a half or so, but figured a new system was on the way from one of or both Sony and Nintendo, so I was very hesitant. It is pretty close to the 3DS launch though, and in total that's quite a chunk of change to spend on entertainment....... I'm probably just trying to make excuses for myself like I always do, because frankly I could save up for it without much issue, just like I could for a 360, just like I could for a PSP before the price drop. It's just hard to jump into a whole new library for me. I know if I'm spreading money around to more gaming platforms, then I'll miss some of those gaming gems I seem to end up loving so much.

Has this price drop convinced any of you to buy a PSP? Were you unlucky enough to have bought a PSP recently? Express your rage in the comments.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment