Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ridge Racer Unbounded Teaser Video (PS3, 360, PC)

Rather than being developed by Namco, like Ridge Racer 3D for the 3DS, this one is being handled by Bugbear Entertainment. You may or may not know them for the FlatOut series, racers with a heavy focus on vehicle destruction (and human ejection). Whereas the Ridge Racer series typically rewards you with usable boosts for drifting, drafting, and passing without hitting barriers or other racers, Unbounded will mix things up by "adding a punishing dose of destruction". The trailer says to expect it in 2012.

The FlatOut series was fairly well liked by those seeking some destructive racing, and it seems like Unbounded will follow that formula, maybe with a bit more class. I like my racers arcadey, so I'll keep an eye on this.

Source of quote here

2 comments:

  1. The last "real" racing game like this I purchased was Burnout 3 my Xbox, so probably at least 5-6 years ago.

    My wife and I both really enjoyed Burnout 3, I enjoyed the racing and crash mode, while she mainly enjoyed the crash mode in it.

    When I saw the car in the video hit the other one, it reminded me of Burnout 3 immediately, but I don't know how much it will actually play like Burnout 3...I'll have to keep an eye out for any demo that is released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Burnout 2.
    I only recently learned that the Asphalt series is a bit of a Burnout clone. If the DS games are like that as well, then I wish reviewers had made more of a point to say that.

    I wish either Ridge Racer or Asphalt for the 3DS had some basic online play, but at least they both have StreetPass features. I'm having such a hard time deciding between them that I'll probably end up not buying either, as I've done in the past.

    ReplyDelete