Saturday, January 15, 2011

My purpose with this blog

I really doubt this blog will be stumbled upon this early, but just in case, perhaps you might like to know why it was made.

There aren't many memories I have from before video games came into my life, so I can say for certain that video games have been a factor in shaping my life. I've always loved talking about video games on any friendly message board, or maybe battling wits on an unfriendly one, but it's only recently that I've even considered making a career out of it. I don't have the journalism degree that might help with making a career out of it; I never really considered writing for a living....but I love writing when I think about it, and I love writing about things I enjoy. New things in gaming don't happen 24/7, at least not where the general public is concerned, so this is one of the reasons I've decided to pursue writing about other things, as well. If not only for experience, then maybe to add a little something unique to the blog.

But, I know a blog can't thrive simply on regurgitating news I see in other places, and I know I won't grab people's attention simply from original opinion pieces, so I have plans to make other unique content; art, comics, original music, maybe a podcast.

Wish me well, or give me suggestions. I'm open to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment