UPDATE: U.S. name is Rodea The Sky Soldier.
The latest issue of Famitsu had a reveal of a new game from Yuji Naka's fairly new development house Prope working with Kadokawa Games. Prope also made Let's TAP for Wii, Let's CATCH for WiiWare, and Ivy? the Kiwi? for Wii, DS, and DSiWare (a Mini version), some titles that I think are a lot of fun and have a ton of charm. We got quite a few details from the magazine:
- Wii remote as a pointer (no Nunchuk)
- move somewhere by pointing, pressing B and shaking the Wii remote
- A button fires gun
- point at enemies and press A to do a spinning attack
- Naka says it lets you "experience free flight"
- Written by Takumi Miyajima, who previously worked on the Tales series and Arc Rise Fantasia
- Rodea is the name of the main character
- Other characters: Ion and Princess Cecilia
- Sky stages, and other unannounced types of stages
- Development started in Fall of 2009, but was cancelled between then and now
So, our first title across Wii and 3DS....hard to decide which one you might pick up based on these sparce details. I dunno if the screen-shots from the "scans" are from the Wii version or 3DS version but it might make sense for them to use the same assets across both, depending on the budget they're applying to this game. So let's say they'll look pretty similar; so far the action sounds fun but simple, and based on the level design, I think this could really be worth seeing in 3D. We still don't know 3DS game pricing, and depending on the budget, the Wii and 3DS version could have the same price. But it's still probable that the 3DS version will be cheaper. I have a preference for portable if I have the choice, so I guess I'm going with the 3DS version unless some ground-breaking details emerge.
Which version do you think you might get? (Potentially) more detailed graphics vs. 3D? Big-screen vs. little-screen? If there's multiplayer, single system vs. multiple systems? Or are you even interested yet? Let me know in the comments.
Source; here and here.